- CRT was developed at the Frankfurt School in the 1930’s by Marxist professors and updated at Harvard Law School in the 1970’s
- It assumes racism is present in everything
- It divides society into oppressors and oppressed; nobody is neutral
- It seeks “equity” defined as equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity
- It considers all whites racist
- It seeks to “dismantle the color-blind framework”
- It advocates for discrimination against whites to achieve “equity”; this is not considered racism!
What is CRT?
Why would anyone want CRT?
Most teachers and administrators will deny CRT is being used, however CRT forms the basis for many of philosophies
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Culturally responsive pedagogy
- Pedagogy of the oppressed
- Decolonializing curriculum
- Social-emotional learning
- Competency based education
- Cultural literacy training
These words sound great but they are a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
Well-intentioned school board members and parents are being led by radicals in our communities to implement Critical Race Theory principles in our schools. This has been done without public notice, input or in accordance with New Hampshire law. It must be stopped.
“To love capitalism is to end up loving racism – Ibram Kendi, Boston University.“
Author Discussion on Race
“Authors John McWhorter, Randall Kennedy, and Jason Riley and City Journal’s Christopher Rufo discussed critical race theory and ideology in America. This virtual program was sponsored by the Manhattan Institute.